The other day I found myself wondering what the moogle recalls about this time last year. Her life as well was about to undergo a major change. Does she remember any of it? So I asked if she remembered Kyle being in Mommy's tummy. She said yes and that she was in Mommy's tummy too. Ok, so she knows babies come from their Mommy's tummy, not really proof that she does, in fact, remember.
Moving forward. Do you remember going to see Mommy and Daddy in the hospital last year when Baby Buddy came out of Mommy's tummy? "Yes, I stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and we came to see Mommy and Daddy at the hospital." Ok, this is better....
"Was Baby Buddy still in Mommy's Tummy?" "Nooooo!" "Where was Baby Buddy?" "He gave me a teddy bear." At this point I do a double take. All that she had said so far may have possibly been mentioned to her again at some point in the last year. But the teddy bear.... does she really remember? I didn't even remember at first. "What teddy bear?" "The pink one. Mommy, where is the teddy bear?" A light bulb pops on in my head. She is absolutely right. It was a little pink "breast cancer" bear I had picked up as a big sister gift for her. I can't remember the last time I saw it. It had never been a favorite and was most likely tucked away with some other less loved stuffed animals. Needless to say, I take this as definite proof that on some level she remembers the time when her brother was born.
![]() |
| This is the only picture I could find with the bear. See it tucked under her arm? |
She continued on to tell me how she had pizza with Grandma, Grandpa and Daddy "but Mommy and Buddy stayed at the hospital." "Then Daddy went back to the "hotel" and stayed with Mommy and Buddy. Daddy brought Mommy and Buddy pizza."
Love Love hearing her memories! It's so amazing what she picks up on and remembers about life. I wonder how much of these memories will stay with her as she grows.

2 comments:
Your blog and these stories will help her not only remember the details, but more importantly, the feeling of becoming a big sister, being cared for - being loved. No matter how the details fade, she will always carry those with her. They will become part of who she is.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Grandma sure enjoyed it!
For those who care to know, we have tracked down the little pink bear and he has now assumed a more prominent position is the Moogle's stuffed animal collection.
Post a Comment