Well, I guess I'm a bit behind here. The little guy is definitely keeping me on my toes! His big accomplishment right before he turned seven months was that he started pulling himself up to standing (See previous post). He now is pulling himself up on anything and everything he finds; including my legs if I am anywhere near by! Of course, really needs to work on how he gets down because I'm gonna make him start wearing a helmet if he keeps head diving. :P I must say he does take bumps and bruises like a champ most of the time, though! He is still army crawling to get around and he gets going very fast. If he sees something he wants watch out! Adara has started playing mostly up on the dining room table to keep her toys out of his reach, lol.
He has started making more sounds and will say mama and dada and da and adara (really, it sounds like adara!) but does not seem to use the sounds specifically just yet.
He now has one bottom tooth and puts it to good use biting anything he can, especially books (and puzzle pieces if he can get them) for some reason. He also has a taste for wires and has found ways to reach some that I never would have thought he could get to! Baby proofing for this guy is a whole different game than it was with Adara. He has actually already learned the word "no!" because we end up using it so much, lol! Of course, when it comes to things I want him to put in his mouth, such as food, he is extremely stubborn! He will clench his mouth shut and start spitting before the spoon is even out of the jar if he does not want something! If the food makes it into his mouth he will drool it back out down his chin. What a mess! He does seem to like yogurt, peaches and peas, but anything else is very mood dependent! That being said, he's been doing really well with finger foods lately, so perhaps he doesn't like the texture of purees or he wants to be able to feed himself.
He is currently going through a bit of a stranger anxiety stage and will sometimes cling to Mommy/Daddy and offer only shy smiles when around people he doesn't know. The shy smiles remind me a lot of Adara when she was younger too. :P How fast they grow! Just love my happy, cuddly, curious little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment